Although Ukraine isn’t a member country of the Central European Exchange Programme for University Studies – CEEPUS (www.ceepus.info), during the meeting on 9 March 2022 Senior Officials of the member countries decided unanimously to enable the participation of Ukrainian academics (students and teachers), using leftover scholarship months and funds from the current academic year.
On 21 March 2022 Ministry of Science and Education of the Republic of Croatia gave a consent to make the extension of CEEPUS to Ukrainian academics possible also at the Croatian national level and to enable their applications at Croatian higher education institutions. However, Croatian leftover funds from this academic year are at time being rather limited. In case of further cancellations of already awarded applications during the regular application rounds we will award additional applications from Ukraine.
Please, find below the information about the application process in the form of Q&A.
Who can participate?
Students of all study levels and teaching staff, with Ukrainian citizenship.
The duration of the mobility period?
From 3 to 5 months at maximum, or by the end of the current academic year at the latest. Kindly note that the academic year in Croatia lasts by the end of September of 2022.
What does CEEPUS grant at Croatian institution include?
CEEPUS grants at Croatian institutions include financial allowance and accommodation in student dormitory which is free of charge for the grant holders. If accommodation at student dormitory is currently not available, grant holders are entitled to additional funds for accommodation allowance. The grants for students of all study level include student card for subsidised meals. The grant amounts and other conditions are published at www.ceepus.info under „Contact“.
How to apply?
Please, submit an online application at www.ceepus.info. As a new user, you should register first and then create a new mobility application. Further instructions for the registration and application submission are available here
Which documents should I enclose in addition to the online application?
If you are a Teacher, please upload in the CEEPUS system following documents:
- Letter of Acceptance for Teachers, signed by Croatian higher education institution.
The official CEEPUS LoAcc for Teachers form is available here.
- Proof that you are a teacher (teaching staff) at higher education institution in Ukraine
Be kindly advised that your Host Institution in Croatia will also need a proof that you are a teacher at higher education institution in Ukraine, in order to check the formal eligibility and issue a Letter of Acceptance.
- Copy of ID card or passport
If you are a Student, please upload in the CEEPUS system following documents:
- Letter of Acceptance for Students, signed by Croatian higher education institution.
The official CEEPUS LoAcc for Students form is available here.
- Proof of enrolment at higher education institution in Ukraine
- Be kindly advised that your Host Institution in Croatia will also need a proof of your enrolment at higher education institution in Ukraine, in order to check the formal eligibility and issue a Letter of Acceptance
- Copy of ID card or passport
Which are the criteria for the selection of the applications of Ukrainian students and teachers?
We will award all formally eligible applications (containing duly filled out online application and containing all documents listed above), until the exhaustion of available quota and funds.
Which other CEEPUS member countries also award applications from Ukrainian academics?
In addition to Croatia, currently the list includes Hungary, Poland, Slovenia, and Romania (RO: teachers only). However, it’s possible that the list will change in the future. For the updated information, please, check the news section at www.ceepus.info or contact Central CEEPUS Office at email@example.com.
- Grants will be awarded only to Ukrainian citizens
- CEEPUS grants for Ukrainian students and teachers will be available for the physical mobility only
- In exception from the eligibility criteria for the regular CEEPUS mobility application round, Ukrainian students of the 1st course can also apply for CEEPUS grant
- Ukrainian teachers have the obligation to teach or supervise for the minimum of 6 hours a month. The teaching plan has to be laid down in the Motivation field in online application, as well as in the Teacher Letter of Acceptance.